Personal Loan Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need collateral?
- Financial institutions may offer both secured and unsecured loans. A secured loan is backed by collateral, e.g., the value of a car, a savings account, or a certificate of deposit. Unsecured loans are based only on your creditworthiness and ability to repay. Emprise Bank offers both secured and unsecured. Talk to an Emprise specialist to see what best fits your situation!
What can I use it for?
- Personal loans can be used for almost any need. Some typical uses include debt consolidation and/or home improvements.
What are fixed interest rates?
- Fixed rates mean that rates and monthly payments won’t change during the term of the loan.
I already have a personal loan. Can I apply for another one?
- You may qualify for a second loan. Speak to your banker to help determine the best course of action.
Can I apply online?
- Many financial institutions offer online applications, including Emprise Bank.
Do I need to come into a branch to sign documents?
- With Emprise Bank E-sign, closing is easier than ever. You can close your loan using your mobile device from the convenience of your home, office, or wherever you happen to be.
What does my credit score need to be to qualify?
- Every applicant’s situation is different and qualifying depends on a number of factors (employment, income level, loan purpose, collateral, etc.) of which credit is only one part. Talking with an Emprise Bank specialist will help you determine your options.
Visit our Personal Loans page to learn more and apply online today!